<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

Revlon Lip Butters: The Basics

The Lip Butters came out a while ago, and since they originally launched they have introduced even more colors. I went with the basics when I picked the colors that I did: a nude, a pink and a red.

1 | 2 | 3

All three of these colors are surprisingly pigmented. They feel good on the lips and aren't drying at all, but not particularly moisturizing either.



Creamsicle is a peachy nude and at first, I'll be honest, I didn't like it. Now though, I use it all the time. I think it looks great on its own because it's fairly opaque, but it's also nice to add over a lipstick to give it a nice creamy looking shine. 



Cupcake is a light, blue-based pink. It's a nice color, but I don't like the way it looks on me because of that blue undertone. It's a light color, but it instantly will brighten up your face.


Cherry Tart is a candy red. A lot of people say it makes them look like they've just eaten a popsicle and I agree. The color payoff is very good, but I don't wear it often because it easily smears and looks messy. Wearing a red lip can be difficult because if you mess up applying it at all, if it bleeds, wears off, anything, it will be noticeable and because this is such a "buttery" formula I think it makes it prone to smudging.  This color won't give you that classic red lip because it's not bright, so it can be more low-maintenance than an actual lipstick if you apply it lightly.


I like the lip butters, but I'm not crazy about any of them. I saw a swatch of  Raspberry Pie and really liked the color but if it smears like Cherry Tart I'm not sure that I'd want to deal with it. What do you guys think? Do you have any colors that you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...