<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Fun Find!

While I was home, my mom and I went into the Dollar Store, and not for any particular reason, I just wanted to look. It had been a while since I had been in some type of dollar store and I always enjoy going in them because you never know what kind treasures you may find.

On this particular trip I found these small, plastic storage containers and I thought, "This would be perfect for travel!" I bought the pack on the left, but they did come in a larger size as well. I found them in the craft/school section so I'm sure they are meant for something used for crafting like glitter. I, however, had other plans for them.

Before I left on my trip for home I was wishing that I had something like these containers. Generally, I'll use these two small Clinique sample jars I've gotten in the past and wash them out each time I use them for a different product, but I couldn't find them. I had to settle on bringing the full size product in some cases and even though I wasn't flying, I still like to keep it to the minimum to save space.

The package comes with 8 containers and you guessed it! They only cost 1 dollar.




The only down side that I have found of these so far is that they have a pop top instead of a top that screws on. As long as you make sure you've pressed it down all the way around, they seem pretty secure, though.

Ideas for uses:
  • You are traveling and your foundation is in a glass bottle or you just don't want to bring the entire bottle.
  • You have foundations you are trying to use up that might not be your shade, you can pre-mix your perfect shade and store it in one of these containers so you don't have to do it everyday.
  • You're a fan of the OCC Lip Tars or something similar and you like to mix a lip shade, this is a good way to have the shade already mixed to pop into your purse for touch ups.
  • You're traveling and only want a small amount of any cream-ish product, such as, moisturizer, spot treatment or the eye makeup remover lotion I talked about in my last post.

I thought that this was such an interesting find because I saw it where I never expected and I really needed them! Let me know what you guys think and if you can come up with any other uses!


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I really enjoy reading your posts on your blog so I nominated you for the liebster award :) for more information have a look at my blog and good luck!

    Harian x. Littlecoldcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate it! Hopefully one of these days I'll get around to it...I've been trying to find people to tag that haven't done it yet!

      Ivy xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...