<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Friday, August 30, 2013

Fall Style: Black on Black

When I worked at Ulta, we were required to wear all black. I didn't really mind, because I love black, but I had never worn a completely black outfit before.

Even before I worked at Ulta my friends knew my favorite "color" to wear was black. I was known for it, it was expected of me. In one of my classes in college the professor was trying to get to know us a little better each time the class met and one day when he called the roll and got to me he said, "Hi Ivy..." with a sly grin, then said, "You like black, don't you?" I said, "Yes I do," and he said, "Well it looks good on you." We smiled and he moved on.

I want to say that was around Day 3 in the class. I wore black on black every single day for the longest time, and obviously people were noticing.

I don't wear that much black that often anymore, but I still love the way black on black looks. It's so classic, polished and put together. I gathered some pieces, all from H&M just to keep it easy, that are inspired by Olivia Palermo's black on black outfits.

I hope you enjoy!

Beautysets - Inspired
                        Beautysets - In the Black

Links:

I love all of these pieces so much and I feel like they would mix and match pretty well. I think using different textures of the same color can make them easier to pair because it will add interest to the outfit and if the blacks aren't the same shade it's easier to get away with!

Let me know what you guys think!


8 comments:

  1. I never knew you had to wear all black at Ulta. I've never noticed the workers near mine that had that kind of dress code. Super interesting, and I wonder why that is! Anyway, I like the inspiration you've come up with. Super cute! xo

    www.hudasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Like I said, I don't mind all black, but after a while it can get a little boring!

      Glad you liked it! :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love black on black, but I just need different textures otherwise it can be too boring!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! That's why I went with the velvet, leather, tassel earrings and studded shoes :)

      xx

      Delete
    2. Hi i love this blogpost.

      I have nominated you for a liebster award which is on my blog to fins it this is the url
      http://theblushblog1.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

      Delete
    3. Thank you, I appreciate it, but I've already done it! :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. Black is my fave color too!!! I used to wear black all the time!!! and love that pieces you bring all together!!! pretty!!:)
    great post dear.. wanna follow each other? let me know dear♥

    http://www.stylecompetiter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Sure, I'll go do that now :)

      xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...