<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Reviews of Beauty Products I bought in Ireland


I went to Ireland for seven days back in March as a spring break trip for school. It counted as a class credit hour, which put me at the exact number of hours needed to graduate. My step-sister (and also my college roommate for the last 3 1/2 years) was so excited to go and convinced me to go as well. I had the most amazing time, I can't even explain it, and I can't wait to go back.

We drove from the airport to Galway the day we landed and the second day there was an optional trip planned that my sister and I didn't want to go on. We decided to take a taxi (because we were afraid of the bus at first) into town to explore and shop. I adored the architecture, which I can only describe as quaint because I know nothing about architecture (ha-ha), and also the stone streets. This day in Galway was my absolute favorite day of the entire trip.

This is going to sound completely silly to those of you that have Boots stores in your countries, but I was beyond excited when I spotted one in Galway. I know it's just a drugstore, but I guess it's the fact that we don't have them in the States that just makes it seem so much better!


I heard from YouTube videos that there were testers of the drugstore makeup, but it was so cool to see! Total weirdo...I know.


I could have bought so many other things, but it was our first real day and I didn't want to spend all my money on makeup!

The Products:


1. Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser

2. Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer

3. Natural Collection Blush in Sweet Cheeks

4. Soap & Glory Glow All Out Luminizing Radiance Face Powder (what a name, whew)

The Reviews:


1. I found my sister in the skin care section and she had picked up the toner version of this. I knew that witch hazel was good for your skin and has healing properties because I had been (and still am) using it as a toner. I also know that tea tree is good for oil control. There was a tester of the moisturizer out so I put a bit on my hand and it was SO soft. I love that it's a gel formula so it sinks in very quickly. I use this especially on days when I'm in a hurry because I hate waiting for my regular moisturizer to sink in. I'm not sure if I would say it controls shine (probably because tea tree is so far down on the list of ingredients), but I think it's a great product and does moisturize well.

2. I had to get the Chocolate Bronzer because I hear people talking about it non-stop. I don't think it smells like chocolate, at all, and I really dislike the smell, actually, but the product itself is nice. I'm also not crazy about the fact that the first ingredient on the list is talc, but that's the kind of thing you see on more inexpensive products, generally. It's a nice matte bronzer, good for countouring and it's a tiny bit on the orangey side, which some people like and others don't. I find that it's a nice shade, especially now in the summer. 

3. I can't remember the price now, but I know it was pretty inexpensive, but the pan on my Natural Collection blush popped right out of the packaging! Despite this, the actual blush is quite nice. It's pretty pigmented and the color is a dusty rose color. I'm pretty sure I wore it almost every day the rest of my trip :)

4. I didn't even know that Soap & Glory made makeup until I saw it in Boots that day. I swatched this face powder and instantly fell in love. It's a nice peachy highlight that gives a subtle, natural glow. I do remember it being on the expensive side, which I didn't love, but it's a nice product to have. I also like to use it on its own some days on my cheeks in place of blush for a more natural look. The packaging does get dirty because it's white cardboard, but it has a nice mirror on the inside and is magnetized to close shut. The swatch of this product on camera does not do it justice; in person it is so pretty.


If you guys have any of these products please share your thoughts on them!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I live in Ireland and this is where I get all my makeup. I could spend hours just looking at all the new stuff haha :)

    Sarah x
    http://herstyletto.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do?? That's so awesome. I felt like I could've spent hours in there as well! I just don't think the people I was with would have been very happy with me, haha

      Ivy xx

      Delete
  2. OMG I love Glow All out! I reviewed it on my blog last week I think, it's such a pretty powder - it's amazing xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw your review! It is very nice and surprisingly versatile :)

      Ivy xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...