<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Foundation Fails

Happy Saturday, Everyone!


Recently, I have been on the hunt for a good drugstore foundation. The hunt has become a mission, really. I finished up a Revlon Nearly Naked, which I liked but wasn't a great color match for my skin because it was too pink. Then, I bought the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous that everyone had been raving about and I thought it was a great foundation, but the color was too dark for me and I got tired of trying to blend it and make it work everyday. 

Once I decided that enough was enough I went to Target to buy Revlon Colorstay. Whenever I try a foundation I don't like, I always remember that I have good ol' Revlon Colorstay in my back pocket. I have bought it so many times and it was always my go-to when I wasn't sure what to use. Unfortunately, Target not only didn't have my shade, but they didn't even carry it because there wasn't a slot for it on the shelf! Determined not to have to deal with a too-dark foundation one day longer, I decided I wasn't leaving the store without something new. Then I remembered I heard amazing things about the Garnier BB Cream for oily skin, which I reviewed recently. Well if you read that post you already know how that story goes. I bought the BB cream, thought it was great, but once again, it was too dark for me and returned it.

I did end up finding my shade of Colorstay somewhere else, but I found that it looked horrible on my skin for some reason. I have pretty oily skin, but on the non-oily parts, it made it look so dry, and it accentuated my pores terribly. I used it for a couple of days and tried applying it different ways, but nothing worked. It looked horrible and the smell, which never bothered me before, lingered all day and I just couldn't take it, so I returned that too.

On my most recent adventure to the drugstore I bought The Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Foundation, which I have used before but it was so long ago I couldn't remember my opinion. I have only been using it a couple of days and while the color IS light enough for me this time, I won't lie, I don't love it. It does have pretty good coverage, seems to last a while, has no smell, but it doesn't look nice on the skin. It also never feels like it has set, for example, when I touch my face, it doesn't feel smooth, it feels tacky. I think this is why it doesn't look nice, it doesn't blend into my skin, it sits on top of it.

As for the concealer, I have been wanting to try this for such a long time. I've heard great reviews about how well it works as an under eye concealer and brightener. So far I have been enjoying it, but I'm sure I'll do a full review of it later!

I hate that this post sounds like I'm so picky, but I just haven't been enjoying doing my makeup lately because the base just doesn't look good and to me, that's the most important part. Also, I don't normally have this much trouble liking something so I don't know if it's just me, or if it's the products! Help!

Please give me suggestions on what I should try next!

10 comments:

  1. I really like the Loreal true match and they have an excellent shade selection

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestion, Katie! I have used that before, but it's been a while. Maybe I'll give that a try next!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I hate the Maybelline Fit me foundation too! I would try the rimmel wake me up foundation! It's one of my favorites!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try that! And the concealer!

      xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Loreal true match selection but am yet to try the Maybelline Fit me range. I used to use Garnier BB cream but as it was too oily, I had to switch to the matte oil-free edition which worked much better xx
    Much Love for your blog...and your notebook!
    http://bohobun.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I liked the Garnier for oily skin but it was just too dark :(

      I thought the notebook was really cute too! It's from Target!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Rimmel wake me up is a favorite of mine. Applied with a damp beauty sponge (I just use the $5 drugstore one). Exfliate dry patches to avoid cakeyness or flakes and use a primer for anywhere it is settling in to pores. This is my go to right now and I just tried it on my mom and it looked just as good!

    Good luck on your search!

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northernbeauty85.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i love your blog!!
    i was just wondering if you could check mine out as im new to the blogging world!!
    http://emilyizatt.blogspot.co.uk/
    thank you
    love Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey i love your blog!!
    i was just wondering if you could check mine out as im new to the blogging world!!
    http://emilyizatt.blogspot.co.uk/
    thank you
    love Emily x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...