<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Blogmas Day 10

Review of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Review of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation



A few weeks ago I decided to treat myself to a new foundation. I always repurchase Revlon Colorstay, which I love, but I thought that for my birthday and the holidays I'd try one that I've wanted to try for so long. As you can see, it's Estee Lauder's Double Wear- the original. I'm in the shade Ivory Nude and it matches me perfectly.

My requirements for a foundation are medium to full coverage and it has to last about 10 hours without needing touch ups and this pretty much meets those requirements. It's definitely medium to full depending on how much you apply. However, a little does go a long way, which I appreciate since it is a more expensive product. I like to have a foundation that has coverage that is good enough to not need concealer on spots because I like to eliminate any step that I can and this product does that for me.

It does last all day as well, but I do start to see a little oil coming through on my nose half way through the day. I don't mind blotting once through the day, but I do not want to have to reapply any makeup or put on powder.

I like the finish of this product; I would say it's a satin finish, which is my favorite because it's not too dewy and not too matte so it looks really natural (especially because I don't need concealer). If you look at the picture of me on my birthday, this is the foundation that I'm wearing. It had been on about 4 hours at this point and it shows how it photographs.

As far as the packaging, the bottle is very nice, it's thick with the gold top that really adds to it's aesthetic. There is a no pump, which is a big thing for a lot of people. I don't mind not having a pump too much because I'm used to it with the Colorstay, so it's not a deal breaker for me to use.

Also, a side note about this product is that when deciding on a foundation to purchase, I wanted one that was paraben free. This one came up in the search on Sephora's website, but I'm unable to find it written anywhere. Anyway, I hope that it is because that went into my decision to purchase it. So if you try to stay away from anything with parabens, you should check this one out.

Overall, I'm very happy with this product. I'm sure that I'll repurchase it in the future because it is probably my favorite high end foundation that I've tried so far.

Let me know what you think if you have it!
Instagram Twitter Pinterest Google+ Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...