<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Friday, February 20, 2015

Guest Bedroom Reveal















I'm so excited that the guest bedroom is complete! We've been working on it for the last couple of months trying to compile everything that we needed because the only thing that was in there was my vanity. I think it turned out to be so adorable and cozy and I just love it! 

I might add a couple things like a plant for some greenery and a big mirror above my vanity eventually but this is the room about 98% done and I'm very pleased. I went for a monotone color scheme with just a pop of color in the tassel pillow and a simple piece of artwork on the small wall next to the closet (not pictured) to pick up those colors as well as the chalkboard easel that picks up the teal. The curtains that are in the room are from the previous owners and while they're not exactly what I would've picked out, I've kept them for now because they are white and flowy, which did go perfectly with my "vision."

I think the chalkboard easel is SO cute and I loved the phrase "Be Our Guest" on it because it's obviously fitting to be in a guest bedroom. I think it just makes it so warm and inviting. Another great idea for a piece like that would be to put your wifi password for guests so they can easily connect to your internet!

Another piece I love so much in the room is the tassel pillow from Anthropologie. I was slightly hesitant about it at first just because it is a little different, but it's velvet so it's super soft and the multi-colored tassels added a little color to the room, but didn't make me commit to a color.

I also added some magazines and other reading material to the night stand since there's not a TV in the room so our guests had some other form of entertainment if they wanted .

I'm going to do my best to list/link where everything in from in case you're interested:

Headboard: Wayfair
Mattress: Costco
Bedskirt: Bed Bath and Beyond
Shams & Duvet: Ballard Designs
Quilt: Old; already had
Sunburst Mirror: Burlington Coat Factory (spray painted)
Wall Sconces: Thrift store
Night stand: Thrift store (already had)
Lamp: Home Goods
Chess Piece: Target (old)
Chalkboard Sign: Gift from Kirkland's
Accent Chair: Wayfair
Tassel Pillow: Anthropologie (sold out of multi-colored)
Vanity: Ikea
Vanity Chair: Ikea

If you want to take a look at my inspiration you can check out my last Home Decor post here and see how it measures up.

I hope you like it as much as I do!

Happy Friday!!

Instagram Twitter Pinterest Google+ Image Map

13 comments:

  1. I love this interior! And the cute touch of blue with that little board near the bed. Looks so cosy and classy, awesome room :)

    Kisses, Kali
    | Kali's inspiration |

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out amazing!!! I love the color of the walls combined with the white and black details of the furniture. It looks so warm and inviting.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex!! I really appreciate it, I hope our guests think so too :)

      Delete
  3. That's so cute! I love the gray walls and the whole color scheme of the room is amazing!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl
    Other Modern Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this room-- everything is so gorgeous! I think the scones might be my favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the sconces, such a great find!

      Delete
  5. It turned out amazing!!!! I'm with you on loving the little chalkboard and the phrase "be our guest!" I'm gonna have to borrow that idea from u once I start our new guest room! Great job girl! Love the decor posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go right ahead!! I bet it'll be super cute in your room too! Thanks, Julie!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...