<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Monday, April 27, 2015

Tom's Natural Deodorant








When I ran out of deodorant a while ago and I was browsing for the one I wanted to try next, I ran across the Tom's Natural Deodorant. What really caught my attention was the "No Aluminum" sticker that was on the cap. I've heard studies and read articles that say that aluminum has been linked to cancer so I was wanting to try to find a deodorant that was formulated without it. There was one other that I saw without aluminum, but it was unscented so I decided to go with the Tom's which is a more natural formula altogether.

To keep on the topic of scent, Tom's does come in unscented, but it also comes in the Apricot, which is what I chose. It's a very light fruity smell, which I like because it doesn't smell super perfumey and fake.

The front label does say that this is a 24-hour protection deodorant, which I would not agree with. Because it's a more natural formula, it isn't packed with preservatives and all that yucky stuff, it lasts for my work day but not much more than that. If you have a job where you're more on-the-go or you just perspire more heavily throughout the day, this might not be enough for you.

As you can see in the second photo, it is technically a solid stick, but it applies like a gel. The texture is fine with me, it's just a little cold in the morning because I'm used to a more solid stick!

What I'm happy about most with this product is the back label...No animal testing or animal ingredients and no artificial colors, flavors, fragrance or preservatives. You do pay more for all of the natural-ness, of course, but deodorant is a product that lasts a while so I don't feel like I'm constantly buying it.

I know this was a different type of post, but let me know if you've ever tried this or another natural deodorant!

Instagram Twitter Pinterest Google+ Image Map

4 comments:

  1. A friend of mine was telling me how it's really important that you buy deodorant without aluminum in it, I never knew it was bad for you. Also I love that this doesn't get tested on animals, that is really important.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cool! I've never heard of this before, but I'll have to look into it!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl
    Other Modern Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I've been thinking of trying natural deodorants for a while now since the metals in them are not good for you. I do know that they aren't antiperspirants so I expect to sweat more than I do with my normal roll on. Guess I just have to try and see. Great review

    xo
    A
    http://greigemarket.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...