<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Monday, July 21, 2014

NYX Waterproof Concealer







My camera wouldn't focus for ANYTHING on this, so sorry about these semi-blurred last couple of photos!
I've been trying out quite a few NYX products lately and being that it's summer, I figured I'd give their waterproof concealer a go. This particular concealer is solid and in a twist up tube. I got the lightest shade, and it's pretty nice- not too pink or too yellow. 

My issue with it is that it doesn't have great coverage and part of the problem is that when I apply it and blend, it blends out basically to nothing, no matter how careful I am. Because of the formula, it doesn't look good under the eyes, and the only reason I say that is because it's waterproof, I imagined that if you wanted to go to the pool, an amusement or water park, etc, maybe you want a little concealer for dark circles that's not gonna wash off...I wouldn't recommend this on any spots, blemishes or like I said, under the eyes. Applying it directly to the skin, it just rubs off of any spots/blemishes and doesn't blend it. Applying it on spots/blemishes over foundation and it just disrupts the foundation and covers nothing in the end.

I haven't tried any other waterproof concealers, but I feel like there are probably better ones out there. I wanted to go swimming with this on before this review, but haven't been able to so my only test has been splashing some water on my face (not as fun as the commercials). It just didn't hold up. It wasn't awful looking, but I would rather not have it on at all.

Because I hate to waste money, I tend to find a way to use my products...What I've been doing with this one is cleaning up underneath and above my eyebrows to make them look more defined after filling them in. The product is pretty narrow and small in the tube so it actually works really well for this area!

Have you guys tried any waterproof concealers? What do you do with products that don't work as you intended?

Instagram Twitter Pinterest Google+ Image Map

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Disappointing. I like NYX products.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I generally have good luck with their products!

      Delete
  2. Well that stinks! I normally like their brand, but I definitely won't buy this now!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I know waterproof makeup is a thing, and can actually be achieved, but I think something about the formula just wasn't working on this one!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review, i won't pick this one up. NYX do some lovely cream blush, shame this didn't work, the waterproof bit would have got me to buy it too :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do! I have a couple of their cream blushes and they're really nice. They have lots of good other things, but this one wasn't quite up to par!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the honest review, since I'm always near water in the summer waterproof is definitely important for me but I will definitely be looking elsewhere since this product doesn't seem that great.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I wanted to try it too, but eh, I'd try another brand if it's that important to you :)

      Delete
  5. I was so intrigued with the "waterproof" idea, but I'm gonna pass on this one! I think I'll try find a better (and probably pricier) one! Great review Ivy :D
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too, that's why I picked it up! Yeah, I feel like waterproof makeup isn't necessarily a gimmick, because I know it can be done, but I feel like you have to pay a much higher price for it! Thanks, Sisi!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...