<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Friday, June 20, 2014

Face Mask Friday: Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar



You might remember this post that I did back in February where I mentioned this face mask. I picked it up on a whim because charcoal has started to become a trendy skincare ingredient and I thought I'd give it a shot.

As you can see on the packaging, it has charcoal and black sugar. The idea is that the charcoal helps absorb the oil and other impurities without over-drying your skin and then the black sugar exfoliates dulling skin cells for "softness and clarity."

To use it, you apply it to your face and leave it on for 5-7 minutes. Then, you massage it for 1-2 minutes before rinsing with warm water.

I will say, it's totally weird putting black chunky stuff on your skin. However, after you let it sit for a minute, you'll start to feel this warming sensation, which I assume is the charcoal activating and it's actually really pleasant! The sugar is a great ingredient for exfoliating and after I rinse it off, my skin feels tight (not in a dry way) and SO super soft.

Overall, I think this product works really well. For the most part, the ingredients are all pretty natural sounding and contains several different fruit extracts, the product isn't tested on animals and it's inexpensive!

I've never actually seen the full sized product in a store, but they do make it so I'll leave you that link on amazon, here. Other than that, this brand in general is pretty easy to find, so I'd say go out and definitely give it a shot- especially if you suffer with oily skin in the summer like I do!


Our Giveaway ends today at 10:00 am eastern so enter if you haven't!!





4 comments:

  1. I really should try a face mask sometime this summer to re-hydrate my skin from all the sun exposure. Thanks for the recommendation.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds really awesome! I must try it out soon!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...