<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

L'Oreal Elenett Hairspray: Through the Years


Okay, so a little bit of a different post today, but it goes along with the last post I did, so here's a backstory to explain: A couple of weeks ago my boyfriend and I were watching American Hustle for the first time and in one of the opening scenes Christian Bale's character is fixing his hair and he uses L'Oreal Elnett hairspray. I thought to myself, "Wait, what??"I didn't know it had been around since the 1970's, and I knew there was no way the filmmakers would have made such an obvious mistake, so I looked it up! Sure enough, it's been around even before that, so I thought I'd share this timeline that was on their website with you guys!


"For over 50 years, Elnett Satin has been the ultimate styling tool (and ‘best-kept secret’) of leading hairdressers and stylists world-wide."
1960
L’OrĂ©al Laboratories created the Elnett satin formula, giving birth to a legend. Elnett revolutionised the hairspray market as the first ever hairspray to effortlessly brush out.
1963
Elnett turns gold. The legendary gold pack is introduced.

1964
The iconic female face appears on pack as part of the ‘Femme campaign’. To this day, the ‘femme image’ still appears on the can.

1968
The ‘micro-diffusion technology’ is created, making Elnett Satin an even finer hairspray.

1988
Elnett joins some of the world’s leading ladies to launch the ‘Hairspray of the Stars’ campaign.

1996
The gorgeous Claudia Schiffer becomes the face of Elnett.

2011
Finally, the ‘gold standard’ of hairsprays becomes available in Australia for all Australians to fall in love with.


I hope you guys found this interesting! I know I told you guys in my last post that this is my favorite hairspray, what's yours?


post signature
Instagram | Twitter | PinterestGoogle+

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cute post, just followed you via GFC!x
    Katherine Rose | Uk Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I followed you on bloglovin....GFC wasn't working :(

      Delete
  2. Such a fun post idea, I definitely learned some stuff. So funny to see how the hairspray changed throughout the years.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! Especially looking at that ad, haha :)

      Delete
  3. This was really interesting. And now I want to watch that movie! ha

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...