<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Plaid & Leather





Plaid Shirt: Old Navy, Infinity Scarf: Old Navy (Similar), Leather Jacket: Bernardo (Costco!), Black Skinnies: Love Fire (Belk-old), Boots: Michael Kors (New Version)

I had been wanting a plaid shirt for such a long time, but I can be a bit picky about the size of the pattern, the colors, etc. When I saw Old Navy's plaid shirts, though, I knew I would find something that would work and I did! I love the colors of the one I chose; I feel like they pop but are still cozy for fall. The material is also super soft and not restricting at all like some button downs can be. I paired it with a thermal that you can't see for some warmth and this faux leather jacket I got from Costco! 

A faux leather jacket is another item I've wanted for a long time but I'm also picky about. I wanted something cool and classic looking, but without too much hardware and no collar. Surprisingly, I was walking to the checkout at Costco and spotted this in the women's section and jumped all over it for only $25! The material of this is also soft, not plastic-y and I went up a size so that I could wear sweaters, hoodies, etc. under it and still be comfortable. 

I added the gray infinity scarf for warmth, again, but also to add a little dimension of color because I had so much black on. On the bottom, I'm just wearing my usual black skinnies and these MK boots. I really like how the boots have the brown at the top because it broke up all the black and made the outfit warmer toned (in terms of color) for fall.

Fall is my absolute favorite season to dress for! What are some of your staples in your fall wardrobe?



pleated poppy
Instagram Twitter Pinterest Google+ Image Map

8 comments:

  1. Love the boots, and the leather coat. Your blue plaid shirt really stands out on you!
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess xx
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plaid and leather are two of my favorite trends for fall so I love how you combined the two. This is such a great look on you and I love how you accessorized the outfit with a great scarf.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have definitely become my favorites as well! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE everything about this outfit! The boots are too cute. Love your skinny legs too girl! And that plaid shirt and scarf look great together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Ivy!!! Everything is adorable and I especially love those boots! You always have the best outfit posts!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl
    Other Modern Girl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...