<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Twirling in Tulle


















Top: Forever 21Skirt: eShaktiShoes: Michael Kors

You guys...it happened. I am now the proud owner of an adult tutu. The only time I can get away with a tutu these days is halloween (yep, that also happened, 2 years ago), but while this is a tulle skirt, it's perfect for us big kids that still love these fun pieces! I'm seriously so in love with this skirt and feel like a little princess in it :)

eShakti asked me if I would like to review one of their products a few weeks ago and I had honestly never heard of the company. I went to their website and started browsing and when I saw this skirt it was done and over- I had to have it. I've been wanting a voluminous tulle skirt for a while now and what is so cool about this company is that they custom make their pieces to your measurements. They show you what areas to measure on their site and all you do is enter in the measurements. It's super easy to do and I figured that since it's a customized piece of clothing that it would take a while for me to receive it, but I got it in about a week and a half! I was also impressed with the quality of the skirt. It's a TON of material, the zipper and clasp are sewn in well, there are no loose pieces of thread, etc- just overall a good quality piece.

I thought that because the skirt is so dressy, I'd like to pair it with a chic graphic tee to tone it down a bit. Flats really don't do this skirt justice, so I decided on a pair of short heels, which interestingly enough, none of my friends liked when I got them, but I loved them then and still love them now! And because the outfit needed a little pop- I had to go with a classic red lip.

I could twirl in this skirt for days...




pleated poppy

14 comments:

  1. Love the shirt that you paired with this - tulle is always the best!!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute Ivy! that skirt is the most adorable thing ever!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl
    Other Modern Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Black Swan came out a couple years ago I instantly became obsessed with tutu's, and this is the perfect alternative! You look super cute, love how you paired it with a graphic tee. eShakti's products always fit perfectly!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I'm pretty sure that''s the year I was a bumblebee for halloween and the costume had a tutu skirt haha.

      Delete
  4. What a perfect skirt! I think everyone needs at least one to twirl in. Love this black as it is dressy and love the waist on it. Love that you paired it with a graphic t , and the red lipstick is the perfect compliment!
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so true! Thank you! I definitely will!

      Delete
  5. Such an awesome skirt! Love it paired with the graphic tee!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blouse is so cute and I really like how you paired it with the tulle skirt. You have really nice blog pictures as well :)

    Thank you for joining my link up party! :)
    Madeline @ Cappuccino and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madeline :) I loved the contrasting styles!

      Delete
  7. So cute! This is one trend I have always loved but never participated in!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darcy! You would look adorable in a tulle skirt!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...