<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Kimono & Fringe




 








It's no surprise that I love to wear black and I love to wear white. I'm in my comfort zone in black and white...but I like to spice it up a little! I was already wearing this headband so I decided to plan the outfit based off of it (basically I didn't want to actually style my hair so I had to work around it!)

I ended up choosing a few basics: white skinnies, black strapless top and nude flip flops. For a little excitement, I threw on this purple kimono. It's the only one I own, but I feel like kimonos are so great for summer because they're a really light layer that can either add some interest or keep you warmer in stores that are blasting the a.c. or on chilly summer nights. They're also so flowly and fun to wear. I felt like a little princess with it and my headband on :)

In every outfit of the day except for one, I've used the same bag...I've been staring at this fringe bag in my closet for months and decided to take it back out. I thought it went well with the fun flowy-ness of the kimono and added a cool vibe to the entire outfit.

Headband- New York & Company
Top- Pacsun
White skinnies- Loft
Kimono- Target (years ago)
Bag- Steve Madden
Ring- Thrifted

What pieces do you love for summer? 




pleated poppy

Instagram Twitter Pinterest Google+ Image Map

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful kimono, lve the soft lavendar color and espcially with black and white. You look fab
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and thanks for stopping by, I'll definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful kimono!! I love this look!

    Jessi
    www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually didn't like it when I bought it but I think I've learned how to style it better than back then :)

      Delete
  4. You should definitely add more purple to your wardrobe because it looks really good on you! Also that black bag is fab!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Alex! Maybe I should try to add more purple, it's one of my favorite colors and I just need more color in my wardrobe in general haha

      Delete
  5. That kimono is so adorable, such a lovely pattern and color. And I think it was a great decision to bring out your fringe bag too, it goes so well with the whole outfit.

    Thank you for joining my linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I loved all of the pieces together!

      Delete
  6. Love everything about this outfit! And the headband looks absolutely adorable on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! If I'm ever wearing a headband 9 times out of 10 it's because I was lazy hahaha

      Delete
  7. Love the colors in that kimono- so lovely! You look so cute in it! :)
    -Amanda
    http://www.sansscrubs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...