<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Polka Dots, Stripes & Outfit Changes









I started my day off in this striped skirt and polka dotted button down, but unfortunately the outfit didn't last long! More on that later... I love this little striped skirt, I got it from Loft last year and I just think it's so soft, comfortable and cute. I had been thinking for a while that I'd like to pair these pieces together and finally it seemed like the day was here that I could wear this outfit! 

Since I was pattern mixing I decided to just wear a pair of nude flats and a couple of beaded rose gold bracelets to keep it simple. 

I loved this little outfit and my hair, but unfortunately, neither lasted very long! When we were taking these photos my boyfriend told me I had a spider in my hair, so he tried to get it out and ended up knocking it into my scalp on one of the braids I had done on either side of my head. I obviously entered freak out mode, got home, jumped in the shower and had to re-do my makeup, hair and outfit. I can't remember what I ended up wearing the rest of the day but I'm pretty sure it was some form of jeans and a t-shirt, haha.

It was fun while it lasted!

Top: Loft Outlet
Skirt: Loft
Shoes: Steve Madden
Bag: Michael Kors

What patterns do you like to mix?


pleated poppy




Instagram Twitter Pinterest Google+ Image Map

16 comments:

  1. I love the shirt <3

    You are welcome to visit my blog -- http://www.mlleepaulettegirl.com/
    Message me on insta -- insta@mlleepaulettegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polka dots and stripes are an awesome combo - I love that skirt!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you effortlessly mixed prints! Cute outfit, Ivy!

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute skirt. I can think of several ways I'd like to wear it! The Loft has a lot of really similar pieces this year too, I guess good taste is always in style!

    Ele @ InspirationEle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's surprisingly versatile, I love it! I think they did bring the exact same skirt back this year and I've seen it in the outlet store as well :)

      Delete
  5. Love this mixing of patterns! It looks really good with the nude shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carly! I've worn those shoes out! They go with everything! :)

      Delete
  6. So cute! I like how you mixed stripes and polka dots. And the navy with grey too! Really pretty!
    Thank you for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it when pieces in my closet go together in more ways than one :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Love the pattern mixing, you look stunning! xo Andrea
    Boho Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look on you, Ivy! I adore that polka top :)

    Found you via the linkup. Would you like to follow each other on GFC and social media? Pls let me know if you’re up for it :) xoxo

    Abby of http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...