<-!->

Home About Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Shop Image Map

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Little White Dress






I've seen quite a few "Little White Dress" posts lately and it made me want to pull out my own little white dress! We had no plans this day (that I was aware of) but I knew that even though this is a simple cotton dress, I was going to feel overdressed, but I didn't care!

I got this dress last year from New York and Company and this was my first time wearing it. I'm sure it would look better with a tan, but I didn't want to wait around to wear it for that because let's face it, I have very fair skin, don't like to go to the beach or pool to be in the sun and am too lazy when it comes to self-tanner, so I am just embracing the paleness that is my skin!

I love that this dress is so simplistic, but has a flowy, full skirt. It makes me feel like I'm in the 50's and is so fun to wear! I just paired it with a denim jacket because it wasn't blistering hot outside yet and my gold tassel necklace for some extra excitement and that was it!

I was slightly embarrassed when my boyfriend surprised me and took me to a petting farm, though, because everybody else was wearing shorts and t-shirts, and there was the fact that all of the other adults were there with their children, but oh well! I've been wanting to adopt a bunny, but I figured that if I could just pet one that would be good enough for a while so darn it, that's what we did! White dress, no kids, and all!

How do you guys feel about white dresses?


pleated poppy




16 comments:

  1. Oh I love this look! It's perfect for summer!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great. I love white dresses and this is a style that is classic! Paired with the jean jacket looks pretty .
    from the link up, jess
    please stop by
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love the style of it too, it's so fun!

      Delete
  3. Love the dress! You look great.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look for a summer date night! Looks like I'll have to go buy a white dress now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great for that! Especially with the jacket for when it cools off a bit at night. Hahaha, you should! They're much cooler for daytime than LBDs!

      Delete
  5. I love wearing all white in the summertime. This looks great on you and don't worry I would totally go to a petting zoo without any kids too, the animals are adorable!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Hahaha, so glad I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  6. I love your white dress!! It looks so perfect on you. and love it with your denim jacket :)

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so cute Ivy! I love how you styled it with that long necklace!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sisi! I didn't know what to wear with it so I just threw that on because I haven't worn it in forever!

      Delete
  8. I love a LWD in the summer. It looks adorable on you, and I love it with the denim jacket!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! You're one of the people that inspired me to pull it out and give it a try!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...